Saturday, January 25, 2014

Packing!!!

      Whew!!  I started, and FINISHED, packing today!!!  :D  My mind was a little tense about packing.  If I forget something it's not like I can just run back home for it :)  I think that I have packed everything though.  We were allowed two checked bags but I managed to fit all my junk in the carry-on suitcase and one large checked bag.  (One very very VERY large -*heavy*- checked bag.  Don't worry though; I'm pretty sure it's under the 50lb. max.)  This means that I have a completely empty bag in case someone else needs extra space, or if Bob and LuAnn have something that they need us to bring.  And, although it was a personal goal to pack all my stuff in just one checked bag, hopefully I will get some advice on shifting my luggage so I can take it in two reasonably weighted bags.

     I am very excited for this trip.  I believe that it is God's will for me to go and that He has made that evident by supplying my financial need and making the preparations smooth.  I also know that we are covered in Christ's righteousness.  However, talking to some of my friends this week, I feel that many of them are much more "worthy" of taking this trip than I am.  Hopefully this feeling serves to keep me humble on this trip and sensitive to the Holy Spirit and the lessons that God wants to teach.

    Thanks again to all of you who have corresponded with me and helped to make this trip a reality!!  My financial goal of $2500 was reached two weeks ago.  So amazing...
  

No comments:

Post a Comment