Thursday, January 23, 2014

Morning

     I don't think that the full import of this trip has dawned on me yet.  Of course I am excited to be going and I think about it a lot and have been preparing for weeks.  It just doesn't seem like I will be flying out of the U.S. on Tuesday to a completely different continent and culture, leaving my normal life behind for a month.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to completely leave my school work behind.  (I'm just kidding.)
    
     This pre-trip excitement is having one noticeable affect on me:

Someone once told me that I am a morning person.  If you saw me in the morning you might make alternate conclusions.  I am usually very slow in the morning and highly reluctant to get out of bed.  (The fact that it's been below zero for the past couple days might have something to do with that.)  However, lately I am quick to get out of bed and look eagerly forward to each day.  I feel that there are many things that I need to accomplish and little remaining time to be with my family and friends before taking off for a while.  --- (Really, I think we'd all feel much more motivated if we remembered that any day could be our last, each day is short, and there's no "re-do" button.  Somebody remember that so you can tell me later when I need to be reminded. :) ----

I am also reminded of why I want to go on this trip in the first place.  No, it's not to take pictures of giraffes... It's not even for the cross-cultural experience.  I feel confident that God is leading me to be involved in life-long, over-seas ministry.  On this trip, I will not only be able to see a bunch of beautiful children, but also help out in a couple of medical clinics.  Hopefully, this experience will show if God has suited me for medical work..... or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment